Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's time to be grateful...

As thanksgiving creeps up faster and faster each day, I have read some fantastic blogs, showing their gratitude for the wonderful things in their lives and was thinking, Hey why don't I show a little gratitude? So, I am. I will start by catching up to them buy naming the first four things I am grateful for for the past days of the month.

1. Family, I love my family. All of my family. They teach me great things every time I see them or talk to them.
2. The Gospel, in one month I will be celebrating the day I was baptized 4 years ago when I was 18 years old. And since then I have become more and more the person I was designed to be. I am praying on a regular basis, I read scriptures every night, I rely on the Spirit, I believe in everything I am taught, I trust in Heavenly Fathers plan, I cherish Jesus Christ and the Atonement, I experience the power of faith/hope, I LOVE the Prophet, and I ask for help. I would not have ever experienced this if it weren't for my best friend Anthony and Brett Cherry, so for that I am eternally grateful!
3. Fall Leaves, they are beautiful. It's one of those moment when you really really realize Heavenly Father touches all things. I mean I know it but, to see it everywhere is precious.
4. Makenzie Rose, She is the moss that grows on my rock... That is not supposed to sound gross but if Jesus is my rock then the next best thing is what is built upon it and she covers it with smiles, giggles, baby language, blue eyes, little hands, and much much more.

And now my grateful "thing" of the day is, Temples. I am so excited to attend the Salt Lake Temple. I have heard of it's amazing power and can only hope that once I am inside I can feel of it's grace, love and beauty from Jesus Christ. I have only dreamed of the day when I could walk through those doors and stand in awe of it's meaning and attention to detail. That every little step you take is one closer to Jesus. I am tearing up just thinking about it. This is amazing. We have Temples here on earth, that is amazing. I love this truth.

2 comments:

Lynda said...

You will love the Salt Lake Temple. It will be such a treat to go with you and introduce you to that wonderful Place!

Brandee Leafty said...

I can't wait!! :) It's also great that it's my birthday week!
Brandee Birthday Week Extravaganza!!