Friday, November 21, 2008

19, 20 & 21

19. Giving Blood. I know most people do not enjoy giving blood and I would usually agree, but not any more. When I was in high school I signed up for giving blood. When it was my turn I walked into the gym where it all was taking place, I fell to the floor. Since then I have been working on my fear of blood draws. When I was pregnant I had a whole lot of experience in this department! So, I finally got up the nerve to give blood. So, last month I signed up. When I got there my nerves were definitely showing. When I lied down I tried to warn them that nurses usually had a hard time finding a vein but they didn't believe me. So they dug and dug and dug. They were about to give up when the head lab tech woman came over and was able to find a vein. Unfortunately, it had to held in a specific spot to get good blood flow. They couldn't just sit by my side and wait the 30mins that it took, so they taped the tubey thing all up and hoped for the best. Let me tell ya, it moved a LOT! So extremely painful. At that point I was ready to say I will never do this again. Then I was done! One of the lab tech people came to disconnect me from the unit and said, "You just saved 3 lives, and this blood will be used in about 4 days" Everything that I went through was worth it. In that moment I felt a tiny bit more Christ like.

20. Mary, Mother of Jesus. I am grateful that she was brave enough to give birth to the Son of God. She did all that was necessary to do the will of Heavenly Father which meant a lot of walking and a lot of trusting. I try everyday to be more like her. I know that Heavenly Father gives us all tasks that seem to hard to bare, but with a little walking and a little trusting I know that anyone can overcome all trials and tribulation. I am so excited to meet Mary when it is my turn to live in God presence again.

21. Symbolism. I truly believe that everything has a double meaning. It may look like one thing but it can be so much more. For instance, a picture frame looks like 4 pieces of wood surrounding a picture, but those 4 pieces of wood could look like to arms wrapped around a moment in time. I believe everything is a symbol for something more, something beyond us. I try to look for those symbols in my life to give me more meaning and depth. I know that Heavenly Father gives them to us to show us there is more in life then meets the eye. I love the gospel with all my heart, and can't wait to spend my life looking for little signs that God is all around us.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Wow! This is a lot in one post. I am in awe of your ability to give blood so bravely; clearly with what you have to go through, your gift of blood is truly a Christ-like sacrifice.

Mary's example is so noble and precious, and a worthy goal for all of us.

I have to agree with you - totally - about symbolism. I believe that the Lord surrounds us with symbols to teach us in a myriad of ways. We can't take anything for granted.