Saturday, November 6, 2010

Days Fourteen, Fifteen, and Sixteen (30 days of truth)


Day Fourteen A hero that let me down...


At different points in my life there have been influential people that got me through some tough times...I could go on and on about them but that is not the question.


I think a hero that let me down is the idea of a hero. When growing up I searched for someone who was going to save the day. Spare me from life with divorced parents that didn't speak. But no one came to my rescue in a cape and mask. I realized as a kid that if anyone was going to be my hero it was going to be me. As a kid I had a really hard time asking for help. I put up a force field of confidence and high spirits when there were times when I felt like things would never get better. At the age of 14 I started letting those walls down for one person. My Aunt Mary Ann. She is the only one who took time to look through the walls and see the real me... broken and in complete misery. She is my hero. She has NEVER let me down. And something kind of interesting... she collect Wonder Woman stuff... She is my Wonder Woman. To this day she can still lift me up when I am flat on the ground and I am so grateful for that! She keeps me sane :)


Day Fifteen Someone of something I couldn't live without because you have tried...


I could not live without the Sacrament. When I was a new member of the church I slipped and was asked not to take the Sacrament. It was the hardest time in my life to this day. I was so incredibly weak without it. To this day I do my absolute best to NEVER be without it again. I need it like breath to keep me strong, strong enough to carry any burdens I am faced with. I am so grateful to my church, I wouldn't be the person I am not without it! I love it :)


Day Sixteen Someone or something I can live without...


I can live without CANDY... it is a out of sight out of mind kind of thing. If I can't see it, I don't need it hahaha.


2 comments:

Lynda said...

Brandee, I love reading your thoughts here. It takes a lot of courage to be so honest. I want you to know that I love and admire you.

Brandee Leafty said...

You are so sweet thank you :) I feel the same about you!