Monday, October 11, 2010

Still Learning...


Being a parent is the hardest thing I have ever had to do, you have no idea until you are rushing out the door with a three year old needing socks and shoes on, two infants that can't do ANYTHING for themselves, I still need binkies, bottles, formula, bibs, toys, and many more items that seem to have gone missing ... and on top of everything the clock is screaming "YOUR LATE"!! To those lucky folk that know how to look at that nasty clock and say, "I know you are, but what am I?" you are so awesome to do so.

I often forget that I am rearing three little children of God, I get so caught up on just trying to make it through each day... I need to remember to take each moment as a gift and treaure it.

I was reading a friends blog just a bit ago and saw this quote that really touched my heart and spoke to my spirit... I just hope I can apply it to my life better :)

"Never forget that those little ones are the sons and daughters of God and that yours is a custodial relationship to them, that Hewas a parent before you were parents and that he has not relingquished His parental rights or His intrest in these His little ones... Rear your children with love, in the nature and with admonition of the Lord. Take care of your little ones. Welcome them into your homes, and nurture and love them with all of your hearts. They may do , in the years to come, some things you would not want them to do, but be patient, be patient. You have not failed as long as you have tried."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley

I love this and just felt it should be shared... Thanks Cheryl!!

3 comments:

Lynda said...

I've never seen better parents than you and Anthony are. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are a marvel, and inspire me every time I see you! Your children are awesome, and are going to be so grateful that they have such a wonderful mother. You can do it . . . you ARE doing it!

Brandee Leafty said...

You always know what to say to make me feel better!! THANKS!!

Cheryl said...

Hey, you're welcome. President Hinckley rocks! Parenthood - the biggest experiment ever :)
You're awesome, just keep on keeping on.

OH and I still have your trampoline and we should go out again for dessert! And those are all my random thoughts today for Brandee...