Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Grateful to be me...


So, I was thinking today and noticed that I don't say thank you enough for the amazing life that I live. I get so stuck in the fact and I don't own a home and that I am not rich that I forget that I make make our family a home and with that I can be rich. As long as I am with my family that can be home.
I think about the many many many families that are losing their homes since all this craziness happened in the world. People are worse off then me. I think about the families in other countries that dream of a roof over their heads.
How does my whining help? If I were to start living my life as if I owned my own home or as if I were rich, (obviously not literally...that would put us in the poor house for sure!!) But mentally... how could that change my life? How would that change those who have to hear about my issues all the time? What could I be saying in place of those negative thoughts and conversations?
I have decided that I am going to replace those thoughts with something positive everyday, and the lucky people who read this get to read it too!
Today, instead of talking about how I am not pregnant yet, I will replace it with how much I enjoy being a mother to Makenzie!! I love being a mom!! I love waking up every morning and remembering again that I have a little life that depends on me. It is even better when I see the sunshine shining through our window... It's amazing! Today, and for the rest of my life I get to be the best most positive mom I can be... not saying it will be easy but in 15-50 years I will look back and know that I lived my best life possible and with a smile on my face!
I love my life!!!

No comments: