Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Why is it...

Why do people choose to be so negative about stuff? I am not talking about anyone specific, so don't feel like I am talking about any one person. I mean generally, why are we taught not to take risks? Why do we, as society, think that we can't take leaps of faith on things that may or may not work out? Why is it so bad to fall? Isn't that how we learn? I am talking about myself as well, why do I worry so much? What is the worse thing that could happen? For example, what if I were to trust in a company and wanted to leap head first into it. What is the first thing that comes to your mind?
"Be careful" right? Or
"Are you sure?" or
"Have you thought this all the way through?" OR
"This sounds a little too good to be true".
Why are those our first thoughts? Why not...
"Oh wow, that sounds like fun!" or
"I am so happy for you!!" or
"How can I get involved?/Sign me up!!"
So if I were to invest $500 into this said company, what is the worst thing that would happen? I loose $500? Am I never going to get that back?
Now this is just a make believe situation so don't worry... haha.
This is just something that is on my mind.
Another thing on my mind is why do we have work work to make money, instead of finding something you are passionate about and figuring out how to make money at it? Why do we have to choose money over happiness? Why can't we have both? Why doesn't it work out that way? This was a huge question when Anthony got married. He didn't like sitting at a desk but figured that was going to be the rest of his life. Luckily, I asked him "why?". It took a very long time before he found out what he was really passionate about. But, he did! Why can't everyone do this?

I just want everyone to have faith in the unknown, and reach for their dreams!! The worst that can happen is loosing material things? Am I just super naive?

No comments: